In moist, warm areas, bacteria choose to grow, which ensures the inside of your mouth is the ideal place for them to develop. They bind together until bacteria are not extracted and create the layer that is identified as plaque. If not cleaned properly, plaque could cause issues such as tooth decay and gum disease. As brushing your teeth could eliminate some plaque buildup, it could not extract all of it, which is where flossing falls in. Yet despite its fact and the benefits that it takes ideally just 2 – 3 minutes for flossing your teeth but so many tend to forget flossing regularly.
Flossing is one of the things you can do to benefit your dental hygiene. Let’s see some of the details about the various types of floss available, also a few options for flossing which could help you remove plaque buildup and start taking care of your teeth.
Option to pick the right floss
Picking the right floss for your teeth is based on your preferences and your budget. If you have a smaller mouth, for instance, you might prefer to use a flossing tool versus traditional floss. Likewise, if your teeth are really close to each other you will need a different floss than somebody with gaps between their teeth would have something different. Regardless of whatever flossing product you use, the main thing is that you try flossing at least once daily and stay to that practice to have clean teeth.
Types of Floss
In regards to traditional floss currently, there are lots of various types of floss to select from:
- Waxed floss however is a nylon floss covered in a wax coating. For those with tightly packed teeth, this is especially helpful, as the wax makes the floss move more easily and smoothly into small spaces.
- The most popular type is Nylon floss. If you step into a shop and pick any type of brand, generally it will be unwaxed, nylon floss.
- Rather than a rounded one, Dental tape is also called a tape floss, containing fibres that are woven into a long, flat strip. Few people consider that tape floss performs good for them as fitting in tight spaces can be smoother and easier.
- In the aim of making the process of flossing more pleasing, Flavored floss is typically a nylon floss that has been coated in a layer of flavor. Adults usually prefer mint-flavored floss, while children are more likely to use some of the many sweeter flavors such as grape, strawberry and much more flavored floss available in the market.
- Braided floss is the common term for a string floss incorporating stronger, stiffer ends with a fluffier, spongy floss in the middle. These are suitable for people those with bridges, braces and permanent retainers.
There are lots of flossing products available to make it less of a challenge to floss. Moreover, flossing tools are efficient as well as traditional floss and do an effective job of cleaning plaque. Listed below are some of the flossing product in the market:
- Floss Picks
- Interdental Brushes
- Threader Floss
- Water Flossers
No matter what sort of floss or flossing tool you use, be sure to floss at least one time a day. So don’t worry about whether you are a good flosser. The only way flossing can go wrong is by not flossing at all. If you haven’t flossed, now it is a good time to start off and have healthy, clean teeth.
Dentobac has a range of products for both oral and personal care try all our products and include in your daily routine. Check out all our products in Shopee.
Follows Us on